Archie Europe uses the TeamViewer software to remotely view you screen or to temporarily take control.
The software used by Archie Europe to start the session has been carefully selected and developed, but nevertheless it is possible that, for whatever reason, it does not function as intended. The possibility cannot be excluded that damage may occur to, for example, software or data on your PC or server. Archie Europe is not liable for any damage in any form whatsoever resulting from or related to the use of the remote-assistance service.
In the event that an Archie Europe employee gains insight into personal data held by your organization through this session, as referred to in article 4.1 of the GDPR, this will always occur under the auspices and responsibility of an employee of your organization. Therefore, Archie Europe is not a data processor within the meaning of the GDPR. Pursuant to Archie Europe’s internal rules of conduct, Archie Europe employees will observe strict confidentiality with respect to the personal data they gain insight into during the support session. It is recommended that test data be presented during the session.
By performing the actions needed to give Archie Europe access to your systems, you release Archie Europe from any liability in the event of damage to your systems or data.
The TeamViewer software contains the following security-related features:
- The TeamViewer application can only be started by an Archie Europe support representative with a username and password.
- The connection will not be established until you have specifically given permission.
- No additional ports need to be opened in your firewall. An internet connection and browser are sufficient to start a session.
- Your firewall and virus scanners do not need to be disabled. Your firewall may ask if the TeamViewer application should be added to the list of safe applications; if so, it is necessary to answer yes to start the session successfully.
- TeamViewer leaves no traces of installations or software on your computer.
- You can watch the actions that are performed as they happen and are free to terminate the session at any time.
- TeamViewer complies with the requirements set by the U.S. government in the field of data encryption, i.e. the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- The connection is established via a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which ensures it is limited to the two computers involved in the session.